Under the Operating Licence for Munster, there
is provision to produce quicklime and cement in each of our kilns.
Currently, of the six kilns at Munster, only two are
operational. The purpose of each of the kilns is as follows:
- Kiln 1 - Decommissioned in 1998.
- Kiln 2 - Shut down in late 2010.
- Kiln 3 - Ceased clinker manufacture in 2015.
- Kiln 4 - Ceased clinker manufacture in 2015.
- Kiln 5 - Produces quicklime.
- Kiln 6 - Produces quicklime.
At the Munster Plant, we produce nearly 100 per cent of the quicklime consumed in Western Australia, primarily using kilns 5 and 6. Kilns 3 and 4 can be used for this purpose when either kiln 5 or 6 is shut down for scheduled maintenance or when there is an increased demand for quicklime.